Cancellation / Refund / Reissue Policy
Outside of 48 hours before departure:
– Ticket can be reissued or changed to a different date or time at no extra cost, subject to availability.
– Ticket can be refunded less a $10 (per transaction) penalty. This will be refunded back onto the card that you have made payment with. Please allow upto 10 working days for this to clear.
Inside of 48 hours before departure:
– Ticket can not be refunded or reissued.
Transfers or cancellations can be phoned through on +64 442 6920 between the hours of 8am-8pm NZD time, or emailed through to email@example.com
Appellation Wine Tours is fully committed to making a positive impact in all aspects of our business, from positive visitor experiences to positive impacts on the environment that we work in. Our current environmental initiatives are as follows:
- Where possible, vehicles use Biodiesel (a mix of rapseed oil and local cooking oil) releasing less carbon dioxide.
- Vehicles are serviced at manufacturers recommended intervals to reduce fuel usage and emissions.
- All cleaning detergents used are bio-degradeable.
- The majority of the vineyards visited are Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand Accredited Vineyards – for more information visit www.nzwine.com
- Our key restaurants use local ingredients when possible, produce as much of their food onsite, and recycle food, glass and paper waste.
- All paper used in the office and brochures produced are made from 100% recycled paper
- Our printer is defaulted to double sided printing, with a draft level of printing, and ink cartridges refilled locally.
- All paper that comes into the office single side printed is reused.
- All equipment is turned off at the end of the day to reduce power usage.
- All lights in the office are energy saver lights.
- We only use rechargeable batteries.
- All paper, cardboard, hard plastic, compostable food produced in our business is recycled.
- In 2017, Appellation was awarded a Gold status under the Tourism Business criteria. Qualmark is New Zealand ‘s official mark of quality for tourism and the Qualmark endorsement is only given to those businesses actively working at reducing their environmental impact.
- Stoat Trapping in the Wye Valley– in 2013 Appellation Wine Tours donated stoat and rat traps to assist our Department of Conservation preserve one of the very precious valleys in the Queenstown area. We are also involved in monitoring and setting these traps.
The initiatives shown above are not new to us here at Appellation Wine Tours. This is how we have always managed the company, however, the difference is that now we monitor our environmental inputs and outputs in order to monitor the effect of any new initiatives.
We are very proud of this and will continue to monitor, manage and minimise the environmental and social impacts of our business.