Last updated 10th March 2021
The Central Otago wine region, where Appellation Wine Tours is operating, is currently at Alert Level 1.
Our tours are OPEN and running 7 days a week, with different tours running on different days. We have live availability so tours that are available will be able to be booked instantly. Alternatively, please email us to check your preferred date.
The health and safety of our staff, visitors and the wider community is our priority at this time so we are taking extra precautions with our tours and on our coaches.
Refund Policy due to an announcement of Lockdown / Sudden Change of Levels
- Our standard refund policy applies, with bookings being fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to departure (minus a $10 transaction fee).
- If there are any sudden changes to alert levels inside 48 hours notice, please notify as soon as possible that your travel has been affected. We will work with you to either refund, hold or adjust the date. Any change of booking will be subject to availability.
- Proof of flight cancellations may be requested at the time of cancellation before refunds are issued.
Health & Safety Precautions
Increased Cleaning Practices
We have increased our daily cleaning practices, including sanitising high touch surfaces in our vehicles multiple times a day and sanitising our buses between each tour.
We have the NZ Covid Tracer App QR code on display in our vehicles and all vineyards that we visit are displaying NZ COVID Traver QR codes at entrances to assist with contact tracing. Please download the NZ COVID Tracer App and check-in on arrival to each vineyard/venue.
We have hand sanitiser available onboard our vehicles for use throughout the day.
Face coverings are optional on our tours due to contact tracing being possible through administration.
Our team may choose not have physical contact with our visitors while on tour, this includes shaking hands, high fives and any handling of visitor’s personal belongings (e.g cameras, phones) during tours.
Alert Level 1 Guidelines
You can travel, but do it in a safe way and remember to keep a record of your journey.
You should not travel if you: have been requested to self-isolate/quarantine, have symptoms of COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
You cannot travel, if the travel would breach an order/direction made under the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020 or the Health Act 1956. This will likely be the case if: you have arrived in New Zealand from overseas in the last 14 days, or you have otherwise individually received (from a Medical Officer of Health) a direction under s 70(1)(f) of the Health Act 1956
Public health measures apply – except for private vehicles.
Vehicles other than private vehicles should be cleaned regularly in accordance with MOH guidance.
Drivers of small passenger vehicles must wear a face covering, unless exempt. Passengers of small passenger vehicles are not required to wear a face covering, but are encouraged to wear face coverings where practicable. For more information please see the Ministry of Health’s guidance on face coverings.
If you are exempt from the face covering requirements because you have a medical condition or disability that makes it unsuitable to wear a face covering, you can request an exemption card. Requests can be made by contacting Healthline (0800 358 5453) or Disabled Persons Assembly NZ (04 801 9100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org). You do not need to have an exemption card, but you may feel more comfortable showing something official to confirm you cannot wear a face covering.
QR codes must be displayed on small passenger services (unless the operator requires all passengers to provide their contact details (name and phone number) to use the service). Passengers are encouraged to scan QR codes using the NZ COVID Tracer App, or manually record their travel.
Cancellation / Refund / Reissue Policy
Outside of 48 hours before departure:
– Booking dates can be reissued or changed to a different date or time at no extra cost, subject to availability.
– Bookings can be refunded less a $10 (per transaction) penalty if booked through our Real Time Booking System. This will be refunded back onto the card payment was made with. Please allow upto 10 working days for this to clear.
– Any booking paid by a NEW ZEALAND bank account can be fully refunded less a $10 (per transaction) penalty. This will be refunded back into the nominated bank account and will appear within 3-5 days.
– Any booking paid by INTERNATIONAL direct deposit can be fully refunded less a $15 (per transaction) penalty and the amount will depend on the conversion rate on the day the refund is processed. This should appear with 5-10 days.
Inside of 48 hours before departure:
– Bookings can not be reissued and no refund will be issued.
Transfers or cancellations can be phoned through on +643 442 6920 between the hours of 8am-8pm NZD time, or emailed through to email@example.com
Appellation Wine Tours is fully committed to making a positive impact in all aspects of our business, from positive visitor experiences to positive impacts on the environment that we work in. Our current environmental initiatives are as follows:
- We have a 5-star Operator Rating which is the highest level of safety rating, given by the New Zealand Transport Agency.
- All vehicles use michelin tyres which contribute to fuel efficiency, longevity, and a quieter ride for the enjoyment of passengers.
- Vehicles are serviced at manufacturers recommended intervals to reduce fuel usage and emissions.
- All cleaning detergents used are bio-degradable.
- The majority of the vineyards visited are Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand accredited vineyards.
- Our key restaurants use local ingredients when possible, produce as much of their food onsite, and recycle food, glass and paper waste.
- All paper used in the office and brochures produced are made from either recycled or sustainably managed forests and controlled sources.
- Guests are not required to provide printed vouchers upon check-in for our tours.
- Our printer is defaulted to double sided printing, with a draft level of printing, and ink cartridges refilled locally.
- All paper that comes into the office single side printed is reused.
- All equipment is turned off at the end of the day to reduce power usage.
- All lights in the office are energy saver lights.
- We only use rechargeable batteries.
- All paper, cardboard, hard plastic, compostable food produced in our business is recycled.
- From 2017 and every year thereafter, Appellation has been awarded a Gold Status award under the Tourism Business criteria. Qualmark New Zealand manages the official mark of quality for tourism and the Qualmark endorsement is only given to those businesses actively working at reducing their environmental impact.