Rail Trail Wine Tours
Complement your Central Otago Rail Trail journey
Appellation Wine Tours is working with a number of Otago Central Rail Trail operators to offer you a Central Otago wine experience to compliment your Rail Trail journey. Instead of getting a straight transfer to or from the trail head in Clyde we will fully customise a half or full day wine tour to get you there.
The wine tour will be exclusive to your group and either start in Queenstown and finish at the trail head in Clyde, ready to start your cycle journey, or start in Clyde after your rail trail journey and finish in Queenstown. We will also transport your luggage (excluding bikes).
This is a fantastic way to make the most of your Central Otago experience and discover the wines of this world-class wine region. Central Otago wine country spreads from the outskirts of Queenstown’s Wakatipu Basin through picturesque valleys and dramatic gorges to the rolling vine-clad foothills of Bannockburn and beyond. Central Otago is renowned for the high quality of its Pinot Noir, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay’s and Gewurztraminers.
We can cater for any group from 2- 40+ adults. Contact us for more details and recommendations for Otago Central Rail Trail operators.
Rail Trail & Wine Tour
9.30am to 2.30pm – $POA
A day among the boutique vineyards and spectacular scenery of Central Otago, a perfect introduction to the Central Otago wine region and great addition to your Otago Central Rail Trail experience.
- Appellation wine guide dedicated to your group for the day.
- Tasting at 3 vineyards in the Gibbston, Cromwell and Bannockburn regions
- A delightful platter lunch at a vineyard in the Cromwell basin
- Visit to Old Cromwell Town
- A stunning drive through the Kawarau Gorge whilst learning about the early pioneering history of this rugged region
- View the historic Kawarau Bridge and the original AJ Hackett Bungy jump
- Ideal for groups of 8 or more but we can cater for smaller groups as a private tour
This tour includes:
- Queenstown accommodation and Clyde trail head pick up or drop off
- Luggage transfer
- Complimentary bottled mineral water