Heli & Wine Tour
The most spectacular way to get around the stunning vineyards of Central Otago
Private Heli & Wine Tour
10:30am – 3:30pm (5 hours)
$950 per Adult (min. 2 pax)
Discover New Zealand’s most scenic wine region in luxury and style. Take to the sky and explore the dramatic mountain ridges of the Southern Alps then tantalise your taste buds by tasting your way through the world’s southernmost wine producing region.
Relax and be chauffeured in a luxury vehicle by an expert wine guide around the heart of the Central Otago wine region.
After your first tasting experience, you will be met by your helicopter for a spectacular scenic flight over the wine country in an Airbus H120 helicopter. You will see the Central Otago wine subregions of Gibbston, Bannockburn and Cromwell from above to give you an appreciation for the terrain and geographical relation of New Zealand’s southernmost wine growing region.
Enjoy the personalised inflight commentary to learn more about how the extreme climate and gold mining past influencing the award-winning wines that are produced here. An alpine landing at Slapjacks Point offers great views of the Southern Alps and the Cromwell Basin.
Take time for photos, then continue on to land at the Cromwell base where your wine guide will be waiting, with your luxury vehicle, to continue your experience by road around some of the regions premium vineyards.
Enjoy an à la carte lunch showcasing regional cuisine and tastings at three premium vineyards.
We can pick-up and drop-off from any local hotel or accommodation. There is also flexibility with the start time and adding any further activities or sightseeing to the tour.
Please make an enquiry and we can discuss the itinerary to create your ultimate day out.
- Return hotel transfers in a luxury vehicle
- 45-minute helicopter ride with commentary and an alpine landing with photo opportunities
- Enjoy tastings at three premium vineyards
- Visit Gibbston and Bannockburn wine sub-regions
- À la carte lunch and glass of premium wine at Mt Difficulty winery (or similar)
- Stroll through Old Cromwell Town (time and weather permitting)
- Array of sightseeing and photograph opportunities
- Specialist Wine Guide with fascinating commentary on wine, local sights and early history of Central Otago
- Stunning drive through the rugged Kawarau Gorge viewing AJ Hackett bungy bridge